History of Bent's Camp
Bent’s Camp was established in 1896 for sport fishing and hunting. Charles Bent loved the northwoods and did all he could in his lifetime to protect and improve it for others. Bent’s Camp has been a recognized Mecca for fishermen since 1896 and it’s still being discovered by sportsmen (and women) every year. What a privilege for us to live here or to stay for a while and enjoy one of the largest inland chain of lakes. Here we can relax in the historical grace and beauty of the Cisco Chain!
“Attractions of the beautiful northwoods are to be found at Bent’s Camp. Woods and water, glorious sunshine and deep shadow give rest to those seeking relief, brings health to the worn out, and affords a region of delight to the outer and nature lover”
- Charles A. Bent
Our Lodge Restaurant was built in 1906. Over the years the building was used for various things, but mostly as a place to serve wonderful food to the guests. The Bent family prided themselves on this and served homegrown vegetables right from their own gardens. Now we pride ourselves on preserving this tradition of serving the best food we possibly can in this grand old building. The birch bark and cedar strip walls and ceilings are original and provide a true northwoods atmosphere.
For the last 21 years, the Petersons and the Stemes have made Bent's Camp a wonderful place to visit and come back to year after year. Craig and Amy Kusick are proud and privileged to be able to carry on all the wonderful traditions of Bent's Camp. They hope all visitors will take away what they felt the first time they visited, that the Camp and area are in fact the greatest place on Earth.